Thursday, September 13, 2007

Growth is Commitment

Well, it was another day at the YMCA running around the track. Boy do I struggle to get there. There is always a battle that goes on in my head. Should I stay home, or should I go. I felt like just staying home and taking a nap. But I knew If I didn't go I would feel even worse.

Well I'm at the track running around and around, thinking I might just shorten my run by ten minutes. After all, what difference is ten minutes going to make. Again the struggle to decide, but the choice was made to go the full thirty minutes that I committed to.

I don't know about you, but I always seem to try and find the easy way out, with the least amount of effort, trying to get away with as much as possible. But I have learned that if I try and cheat and lower my standard, then I stunt my own growth!

Life sure does require a lot of discipline each and every day. The word discipline means TO STICK TO SOMETHING. It has taken a lot of discipline to write to you two times per week. But I have set my standard, and even if I don't feel like doing a darn thing, I know I have committed to writing to you each week.

I would like to encourage you today not to give in to lowering your standard, keeping your word, or carrying out a task that you said you would do. Integrity is quality that we all should strive to have. Don't commit If you don't plan to complete.

All growth depends on action. If you fail to act you fail to grow. If you rest, you rust. And don't forget to reward yourself for a job well done. I have completed my run, and have finished this message. Now I will reward myself with a SMALL dish of ice cream.

David Croston
Motivational Concepts and Training


Tag

No comments: