Sunday, September 16, 2007

Being Thankful

"Be thankful for what you have" Now where have I heard that before? Yes, it's coming back to me now. I can hear my mother's voice, and she is speaking in a serious tone. I can picture myself nagging her about all that I lacked, and all that I wanted. Why can't I have this? Why can't I have that? And her answer: "Be thankful for what you have". "Be happy with what you've got".

Do you find yourself grumbling and complaining about all that you lack? Do you go through life always wishing for newer, better, faster? Do you look upon the wealth of others and become bitter because of their abundance? Do you focus on, and talk more about what you don't have rather than what you do have?

If so, then it may be time to rise above all the negativity, and set a new standard of living for yourself. You may want to call it "Thanksliving" It all starts with a shift from a mindset of lack, to a mindset of abundance. It has been said that what you focus on, you attract to yourself. Complaining about all that you lack produces more lack. Shift your outlook to that of abundance. Become grateful for every little thing that you have. Be thankful for all that is around you. Fulfillment will come to you when you fill your life with gratitude and gratefulness.

Our real fulfillment lies in being thankful.

David Croston
Motivational Concepts and Training


Tag

No comments: